● How safe is your tap water?

Water authorities make water safe for human consumption because they treat it with chemicals to kill harmful organisms. Once chemical processes have taken place to sanitise the water and remove harmful bacteria, the water authorities add chlorine. Chlorine kills the GOOD bacteria in our bodies.
As only 1% of water treated is for human consumption, the water authorities’ priority is to produce water that complies with legislation and is safe to drink but not necessary tasty or good quality.
Our bodies are almost 70% water. Water aids digestion, transports nutrients, helps regulate body temperature, lubricates soft tissue, removes toxins, helps remove waste and is even thought to help provide energy for the brain!
Bottled water is thought to be no better than tap water. The source of bottled water can be questionable, added to that the plastic has certain chemicals. Heat causes toxins from the plastic bottle to leak into the water, these toxins have been found in breast tissue, so use a stainless steel canister or a glass bottle when you can!!!
Many people suffer from a lack of water in the body. Lack of water can cause headaches, lack of concentration, constipation, dry skin and increased stress levels. It can also lead to chronic dehydration, which can cause many degenerative diseases, allergies, hypertension, obesity and emotional problems such as depression.

Fact of the Day…
It has been scientifically proven that if we drink 1 litre of water each day from the tap, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria found in faeces. In other words, we are consuming (at least) 1 kilo of Poo per year!

Leave a Reply