● Have you had your recommended daily fluid intake today?

Water is essential for life.  Each of us is made up of more than half water and if we don’t replenish our supplies we would survive no more than a few days.  We need fluid to get rid of waste products from the body and to replace losses from breathing, urinating and through sweat.  If we don’t replace the lost fluid a lot of body functions suffer and we’re in danger of overheating!  Fluid is obtained from drinks and from the water content of foods.

What happens if I don’t drink enough?

A lot of people don’t even realise they are dehydrated, because they have become so used to feeling below their best.  Dehydration can leave you feeling tired, constipated, nauseous and can often result in frequent headaches and in some cases urinary tract infections.

How do I know if  I’m dehydrated?

A good way of knowing if you are drinking enough is by the colour of your urine!  If it’s pale and straw coloured you’re OK, any darker and you would probably benefit from drinking more.

How much do we need?

The British Dietetic Association advises that adults consume 1.5 to 2.5 litres of fluid daily.  During hot weather and strenuous exercise this should be increased.  Water is the main ingredient in all drinks, making up 65% of carbonated and still drinks, 86% of diluted squashed and 90% of fruit juices.  Soft drinks, tea and coffee have a mild diuretic affect on the body, which means they ‘steal’ water from the body.

Why is water important?

Our ability to absorb water decreases with age, due to the amount of toxins we ingest over time in our food and drink.  As these toxins build up, cells are unable to effectively absorb water and eliminate toxins.  Without optimum absorption we can be dehydrated regardless of how much water we drink.

What is the answer?

Drinking water based on nature’s own water filtering and cleansing systems.  By drinking the best water possible our cells will absorb more readily and therefore keep us better hydrated – for life.  We believe this to be PiMag® water.

Fact of the day…

Once water has been taken from its natural source, it is ‘dead’ after 24 hours.  This means that it is stripped of oxygen when it reaches you in bottled form on the supermarket shelves.

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Leave a Reply